The Best Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies Ever
Author: Lauren Goslin
- 1 c. almond meal
- scant ¼ t. sea salt
- ⅛ t. baking soda
- ¼ t. cinnamon, optional, but delicious!
- 3 T. coconut oil or butter, melted
- 2 T. honey or maple syrup
- 1½ t. vanilla
- ½-1 t. water, only if/as needed
- 2-4 T. chopped dark chocolate, depending on your personal preference (I used 3 T.)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix the almond meal, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon.
- Stir in the coconut oil, honey/maple syrup, and vanilla.
- Add in water as needed to bring everything together.
- Stir in the chopped chocolate last.
- Bake for 10-11 minutes on a well oiled or parchment paper-lined cookie sheet (the edges should be golden).
- Let them sit on the pan for 5-10 minutes (they firm up during this time, so this is an important step!).
- Remove and enjoy!
Nutrition facts are based on using maple syrup, coconut oil, and 4 tablespoons of dark chocolate. Weight Watchers points (new system): 4
Serving size: 1 cookie Calories: 139 Fat: 11.2 g Saturated fat: 5.3 g Unsaturated fat: 5.9 g Trans fat: 0 g Carbohydrates: 8.2 g Sugar: 5.6 g Sodium: 71 mg Fiber: 1.5 g Protein: 2.6 g Cholesterol: 1 mg